So what is keyword research basically ? It is a term that is widely used in this digital world . The method to find and analyze terms that everyone uses or enters into their search engines in order to use the data for any specific purpose and usually for search engine optimization or SEO and general marketing . So keyword research can reveal the popularity of questions , target of the questions and the ranking of all those questions and several other things .
The Importance of Keyword Research
People usually use keywords to look for solutions while conducting any research online . The results that you can get by using these search terms helps to build a content strategy and also the long term marketing strategies. Some of the many benefits of keyword research include :
- Apparent growth in the traffic of the website can be possible by using recognizable and appropriate keywords for your . That may also result in a higher ranking of your website in the search engine .
- By better and more efficient keyword research the knowledge of what topics people care about can be assumed and figured out what topics are popular . Then the content to be published can be sorted into different topics by using the right SEO tools .
- Effective keyword research helps in having insights into the trends of the market and helps in creating content according to the relevant topics .
- The audiences of the website have a lot of unanswered questions and by proper keyword research it is possible to find the popularity or rank of those questions .
1. Volume – It is basically measured by monthly search volume that refers to how many times the keyword you are using is searched by the audience over a period of one month .
2. Competition – More weightage is given to those sites by Google who seem to be competitive and authoritative . This means that the content you are creating must be rich in information and that will make you a much appealing and authoritative source . This will result in better ranking of your website.
3. Relevance – Any content is ranked on Google based on their relevance. If the content you have created satisfies the needs of the audience then only the content will be ranked for any keyword . Moreover , your foremost goal must be creating the best content there is making it the best source of information for the questions asked by the audience.
Researching Keywords for SEO Strategy
STEP 1 : Making a list of relevant , related and important topics based on the knowledge you have about your website , business or content. You need to know about the types of topics your target audience would search for. Also , you need to keep a record of the MSV or month search volumes during the whole analysis process . This helps you to know which topics are the most important ones and make a topics bucket .
STEP 2 : Use keywords to fill up the topic buckets list . Suppose , I have taken a topic from the topic bucket like “marketing analytics” then I will have to come up with some keywords that I think people will search on that topic . For example,
- Marketing analytics tool
- What do you mean by marketing analytics ?
- Importance of marketing analytics
- Best marketing analytics technique
STEP 3 : User intent is one of the key variables in consideration for getting ranked on a search engines such as Google . A very practical approach can be made in this step . In order to have a transparent idea about what is the user’s intent in a keyword, you can use to keywords and enter it into a search engine and then you can get a proper idea of what kinds of results came up .
STEP 4 : Another creative step to be taken is using related terms . When you are searching on a topic there are related search terms suggested that appear at the bottom of the page of Google results. These related terms or keywords can bring new ideas that should be taken into consideration .
STEP 5 : Using keyword research and different kinds of SEO tools you can get more and more ideas for better keywords
In this digital era, keyword research and SEO are two terms that almost everybody needs to be familiar with . People usually use keywords to look for solutions while conducting any research online. The results that you can get by using these search terms helps to build a content strategy and also the long term marketing strategies. Moreover, your foremost goal must be creating the best content there is making it the best source of information for the questions asked by the audience .
Q 1 . Which keywords are best to target ?
Answer : Only those keywords that are intensively searched by your audience are referred to as the best keywords to target .
Q 2 . What is the best targeting strategy ?
Answer : I believe the best targeting strategy is prioritizing search engine optimisation .
Q 3 . What type of content is most effective ?
Answer : Infographics can be called the most effective content .
Q 4 . What are the two qualities of effective content ?
Answer : Two qualities of effective content would be engaging and informative .
Q 5 . What is the best tool for keyword research ?
Answer : Google Keyword Planner